The latest version of TCR supports Report Emailing and scheduling feature. However this feature is hidden deep in the menu options and this article shows how to email your report.
- First make sure that you configured TCR for emailing using the tcr_cogconfig.sh or by using "Cognos Configuration" application in Windows.
- Now to email a report, click on "Run with Options" icon against the report. It is a green arrow icon appearing on the same row as the report name.
- Now click on "To specify a time to run the report, or additional formats, languages or delivery options, use advanced options" link that appears to the right.
- In the advanced options page, click on "Run in the background" and "Now" under Time and Mode.
- Choose the appropriate format such as PDF.
- Under Delivery, uncheck save report.
- Under Delivery:, check send the report by email and click on "Edit options" right next to it.
- In the "Set Email Options" page, set the email receipients, (separated by commas). Edit the subject and body if necessary.
- Ensure the "Attach the report" is clicked. Alternatively, you can send a TCR link to the receipients. Click OK.
- Ensure that "Prompt for values" is checked. Now click Run.
- Now any report parameter values will be prompted and once you entered them and click finish,
- Finally, click OK to confirm and now the report will be generated and emailed to the receipients.
Hope this helps.